Saturday, February 18, 2012

Using EndNote for Citing References

At the last stage of my thesis first draft I changed one reference's author using the Edit Reference in MS Word 2007 option. Alas my EndNote cite while you write tab disappeared saying that there was a major error encountered and I had to search on the Internet and invest few hours to get it sorted (how I got it sorted it is explained in my previous Blog)

This time, when I realized what happened could have been due to this reference being changed I reverted the Author name to be the previous. (Actually I have mixed first and last names of the author). Then I inserted another entry in EndNote for correct reference and let the old reference to be there as it is. It should be possible to remove reference entries but I am not taking any chances until I get my first draft finished - well to be honest I would not risk deleting it until I finish this once and for all.

No comments: